People are living in fear.
People are scared.
The fear of losing their lives, their loved ones, their work, their possessions.
People fear the fact that things will change.
As the saying goes, there is nothing to fear about change, but change itself.
Remote working is at the order of the day. All companies that could continue with business in some shape or form is currently trying to establish ways and mechanisms to continue remotely.
A Harvard Business Review highlights the following:
- Challenges of remote work:
- Lack of face-to-face supervision
- Lack of access to information
- Social isolation
- Distractions at home
- How managers can support remote employees:
- Establish structured daily check-ins
- Provide several different communication technology options
- establish rules of engagement
- provide opportunities for remote social interaction
- Offer encouragement and emotional support
With reference to https://hbr.org/2020/03/a-guide-to-managing-your-newly-remote-workers
Written by Rudolf Rautenbach